Hi friends! I’m stopping by just briefly today to share some fun ornament shaped felt gift tags that I stitched up to put on my kid’s gifts this Christmas. I really love adding a little hand-made to store bought gifts, and these tags and simple and quick to stitch up. I hope you are inspired to make some of your own!
Here’s how to make Ornament Shaped Felt Gift Tags
- Various colors of wool felt
- Clear Tape
- Sharp Scissors
- Embroidery Thread
- Pen and Paper
- First off, as with all of the detailed felt projects, I use clear tape and a paper pattern to get a precise cut. Simply sketch out your ornament shape, cut it out and tape it directly onto your felt. Then, cut around the shape.
- Using the same method, cut out your initial letter in a contrasting color of felt.
- The final piece you need to cut out is a thin strip of a third color of felt.
- Lay out all of your piece and adjust thickness if needed.
- Now it’s time to get stitching! First, stitch down the horizontal strip. I used a running stitch. Next, stitch down the initial. I also used a running stitch to do this.
- As a final step, take piece of ribbon that is about 10″ long. Fold it in half and stitch it, along the fold, to the top back of the felt ornament. This will allow you to tie the tag to the gift. I plan on tying mine around the bow.
And there you have it! Simple and cute. I made a “G” tag for my sweet Gus, and “B” for my little Bernadette.
If you are doing things a little bit last minute, like me, I hope you have found some inspiration here and have time to add a little bit of home-made love to the packages you are giving to your little ones this year!
Thanks for being here,
Sign up and receive 26 Catholic Coloring Pages. Great for teaching the ABC's of the faith!