Hello! Another month has flown by, and here we are once again, My Favorite Bloggers, sharing on a similar theme. Last month we shared our creative Pumpkin projects (see it HERE), and the month before we all create Apple projects (see it HERE). This month we went a little more abstract, and created around the theme of Giving Thanks. In case you’ve forgotten, here we all are:
Make sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post. There you will find a picture of all the projects, as well as links to each and every project. First off, though, I’d love to share with you my own inspired project: Embroidery Hoop Art featuring a Turkey!
- Various Fabrics. I used Upholstery Samples. Try to find something with texture.
- Embroidery Thread
- Embroidery Hoop
- Neutral Fabric for background
- Use the TEMPLATE to cut our 12 feather shapes.
- Using a running stitch, stitch the feathers down, starting with the two that are horizontal, and directly across from each other.
- Stitch down the remaining feathers, overlapping as you go.
- Use a back stitch to sew around the outside of the turkey body. Then, sew on the beak and gobbler (what the heck is that red thing called??).
- Finally, use a slip stitch to stitch on the word “gobbler” to the bottom. I free-handed my lettering with a water soluble marker and then stitched over it.
And…I hope you aren’t getting tired of embroidery hoops! I am planning another collage of hoops for Thanksgiving, just like I did for Halloween. If you missed that, check it out HERE. As you can tell, this collage will be a little bit more colorful. I’m planning lots of beautiful rich fall colors.
Enough from me! It’s time to head out and check out the other wonderfully THANKFUL projects!
- Nancy’s Turkey Embroidery Hoop Art
- Kara’s In All Things Give Thanks Printable
- Bethany’s Give Thanks Printable
- Amy’s Gratitude Centerpiece
- Kirsten’s French Inspired Stamped Necklace
- Chiwei’s Origami Ninja Star Thankful Ornaments
- Sky’s Giving Thanks Printable
- Marilyn’s Thanks Dinner Rolls
- Tara’s An Art Piece to Give Thanks
- Melanie’s A Preschooler’s Guide to Giving Thanks.
Thanks, as always, for being here. And, thanks to my dear friends for playing along once again this month!