I hope you have enjoyed this week of Quinoa! I certainly have. I have one last dish to share with you, a Mexican Quinoa Pilaf. This is a flavorful dish that even my toddler enjoys.
This recipe will give you a look at how I cook. I like good, nutritious food, but I don’t like spending a ton of time laboring over it. So, I am a semi-homemade cook, meaning I make somethings from scratch, but not everything!
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup white/golden Quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sauté onion with the oil in skillet until translucent.
- Add chicken broth and quinoa to the skillet. Allow mixture to reach a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add diced tomatoes, with juice, and beans. Cook mixture, covered, for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
I hope you like it! My entire family likes it, including my two year old. Want proof? Look who picture bombed me!
Thanks for stopping by!
Sign up and receive 26 Catholic Coloring Pages. Great for teaching the ABC's of the faith!