I just whipped up a little project that I am so excited to share with you. Isn’t this little cameo cute? And guess what–I made a template for you! Download it HERE! So, all you have to do is print it and you can have your own! Aren’t I the best?!? Ok, maybe not the best…
This project is so easy. Seriously!
Felt in various colors
Needle and Thread
Beads for earings and necklace
Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut out the pieces. To get a precise cut use packing tape. Click here for an explanation why.
2. Glue the pieces together. It’s a little tricky to get the head and neck on right.
3. Cut out two oval shapes for the background that are just slightly bigger than the girl.
4. Once the girl is glued to the ovals, add beads for earrings and necklace. The beads are simply stitched on, through the several layers of felt.
5. Cut out a piece of cardboard that is slightly smaller than the larger felt oval. Hot glue it to the back and add another piece of felt for the very back. Then glue around the sides, all the way around, so that the cardboard edge is not visible. Pinch shut the sides
6. Add some ribbon for a hanger, if desired.
She’s cute, huh? I have her sitting on my dresser with all of my jewelry.
PS–I know that these cameo girls are classically less “earth-toned” than mine is. But, you know what, I’m an earth-tone kind of girl!
A more black and while cameo would be pretty cool too, though.
Guess I’ll be making another!
Best of luck with yours–and if you do use the template to make one, I’d love to see it!
Sign up and receive 26 Catholic Coloring Pages. Great for teaching the ABC's of the faith!