So, here's a little about why I started this party. I recently heard Laurie from Tip Junkie say that she has as many new subscriptions coming in from her old posts as she does from her new posts. That means that old posts continue to be a significant source of traffic for her.
And I thought--well I have some great old posts that are just sitting there. How do I get more out of those old posts? Link parties are a good way to promote new projects. If only there was a link party especially for OLD POSTS.
Well, now there is!
It's time to give those Old Posts about great ideas, delicious recipes, fun projects and beautiful creations a second chance! Dig through your archives and link up the best of the best! Each week I will feature some of my favorites, the most viewed and the OLDEST link, so make sure the dates are easy to find on your blog.
Only has one rule:
Link a project up only once. Next week we will be partying again, but please link up different posts than you link this week. Oh, and the project must be totally yours, and family-friendly, of course. Also, link directly to the post, not to your blog's home page.
Besides that rule, I have a few requests:
1. Please follow along with this blog somehow (GFC, facebook, rss, whatever). That way we can stay connected.
2. Please limit yourself to linking 3 or less projects each week (save some for next week!)
3. Post projects that will interest other readers. Keep in mind what people might we looking for. It's a great time to post old Valentines projects, cold weather recipes and warm clothing projects. Let's see if we can get those old great projects pinned again!
4. Look through other's posts. I know that sometimes link parties can look all the same. All of us linking up our same projects each week...but this one will be totally different! See what wonderful old projects are out there. Pin away, I know that's what I'll be doing!
5. Link up any project you want, from today or a decade ago. As long was it's yours, go for it!
So, to get the ball rolling, I'll share one of my old projects:
Are you ready to give those old posts a second chance? Let's party it old school!