Hand-Stitched Birdie…and some words on Motherhood

Happy Weekend!
I am stopping by to post a simple project that kept my hands busy and happy this week.  As I’ve mentioned, I have a little 2 month old baby who is wonderful (and chubby), but she is a bit of a night owl.  She really doesn’t settle down to sleep until around midnight.  So, that means I’m up until midnight.  It’s not all bad though.  She was happy to lay next to me on the couch and kick while I stitched up this little birdie for her room.
Sometimes the cutes things are the simplest.  All this is is a couple pieces of fleece, some felt, a button and some thread.  I think it’s cute though.  What do you think?
Since there isn’t a lot to say about the project, I thought I would take this opportunity to share a few personal thoughts.
I am far from perfect, both as a mother and a person.  One of my many faults is that I can give into pride.  I am incredibly blessed in a hundred different ways, and sometimes I can get a little prideful.  Thankfully the Lord is always quick to correct me with a bold and clear realization that I am not as awesome as I had thought.
Here is how this lesson played out today.
I currently have two children in diapers, and I use cloth diapers.  After changing both kids I took a moment to step back and give myself a mental pat on the back.  “Good job,” I thought, “you’re one hell of a mother!”.  Then I sat down to nurse the baby.
My son was playing down the hall.
Or, I thought he was playing down the hall.
Where was he really playing?  In the dirty diaper pail.
Okay, yup.  My son was playing with poopy diapers.
Got the message, Lord, loud and clear.  I’ve still got a lot of room to grow.
I’ll leave you with a picture of my bad little boy wearing his cloth diaper on a different day when he was playing with paint, not dirty diapers.
Thanks as always for being here!
Nancy

If it’s your first time visiting Small Things, I’d love for you to connect with me in some way!

Comments

1. Candie@Craftbaby.com says:

Hahahah oh no! On the plus side, that hoop came out adorable!! ;)

2. mama2lilev says:

Love the birdie, super cute!

3. Reduce, Reuse, Renewed says:

Your bird is so adorable! My son is silly like that, too. Whatever is gross…lol

4. Sweet little bird! And your not a mom until you have a dirty diaper story!

5. Hi, visiting from Think Pink Sundays. The birdie is adorable. Parenting is hard work and unfortunately the job never ends. Even with my kids all in the twenties – I am grateful that God loves and cares for them far more than I ever could. Knowing that gives me peace. Blessings to you!

6. So lovely birdie! Sweet baby photo!
    Have a fabulous day!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

7. That little bird is adorable!

8. Amy Mayen says:

I love all the little birdies I’ve been seeing. Very cute little guy there too!

9. They’ll teach you plenty, those kids. God knows what he’s doing. Love it! He is adorable.
    Liz

10. Love the stitched birdie – not so much the poop story! Kids are kinda strange eh?

Thanks for linking up :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

11. Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters says:

Adorable birdie!!! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

12. Laurie Bynum says:

Your birdie is so cute and your son is adorable – oh the joys of motherhood and it’s surprises. It definitely has a way of keeping us humble. I found you on the DIY Home Sweet Home link party and am now following you on G+, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Blessings!

13. Diana - FreeStyleMama says:

Such a cute birdy!

14. Emma Kaufmann says:

Thanks so much for sharing the birdie! I love it – so cute. You son is also adorable even if he is a little mischievous!

15. Sparkle Cole says:

This birdie is so cute but your little one is so funny!
    Cheers

16. homemaker-mom says:

I love that!!!!! U have a great blog.
    I am stopping by today from Mop It Up Mondays Blog Hop!

17. Linda Bouffard says:

That baby is so darling, full of life. That’s good. I have a grandson who is special needs. Be happy. Thanks for linking to my first linky party!! Hope you can come back again this week. I’m following you on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Linda

18. Jessica@SewHomegrown says:

Very cute little birdie :) Visiting from TJ!

19. visiting from spiptomylou! I love your birdie! My sister-in-law is going with that type of look for her nursery so I’m always looking for inspiration on gifts to make! :) Kids are the most dangerous when they’re quiet! My 1 year old likes to sneak into the bathroom and play in the toilet….ewwwwww!!! We’ve learned to always put the seat down now! :)

20. Found you via made by you monday…. lovely stitching and gives me some ideas. Thank the Lord that He is gracious enough not to leave us in our pride! And sometimes even make us laugh a little at ourselves when He does it. As the mom of a 26 year-old, 20 year-old, and a 13 year-old, I can promise you He will continue to use your children to humble and amaze you! Have a wonderful day and I’ve enjoyed visiting your blog.

21. Chloe West says:

How pretty! I wish I could sew!

Chloe

22. He’s so cute! I can just about hear him chirping outside my window….
    Great job…

hugs x
    Crystelle

23. Huckleberry Love says:

Love your birdie! How cute would a collection of those look on a little girl’s nursery wall? And, amen, sister on the pride thing. I’m the same way. God is always there to keep us grounded and real, huh? Ha ha! Thanks for sharing. I’m a new follower. Would love for you to return the favor! Visiting from Live, Laugh, Rowe.

~Emily

24. I really like the bird too! It is adorable! I am hosting a new Pinterest Power Party and would love to have you share this if you get a chance!!

Chrissy

25. Cyndee@Restyled Junk says:

Adorable birdie and adorable story!