EASY felt iPhone Case for Valentines Day

It’s official, everyone has an iphone now.

I was the very last hold out.

I loved my old, black, scratched flip phone, even though it was too “dumb” to even get a picture text.  I loved it because it had been with me through so much…and I could let my children suck on it, and throw it without any worries.  That thing was indestructible.  No matter where I left it or what cruel mis-use I inflicted on it, it returned to me in perfect working order.  I assumed we’d be together forever.

My husband got his iphone a year and a half ago.  At the time I didn’t really see what the big deal was…but then I did start to see that yup, iphones are awesome.  And my little flip phone was definitely not awesome.

So, last month I caved.  I got an iphone.

And I love it.

A little too much.

So, since we all have one, here is a SUPER EASY case for an iphone to whip up for your Valentine.  It can be completed in 10 minutes or less, seriously!

Let’s get started!
Supplies: Felt scarps, Stick Pins, Snap, Sewing Machine and Thread.

1. Cut two rectangles of felt, one centimeter larger on all sides than your iphone.  Then cut out several little hearts, roughly the same size in various colors of felt.

2. Pin the hearts to the front rectangle, so they line up.  I put mine in a bit of a curve.

3. Head to the sewing machine and sew through all the hearts in one continuous stitch.

4. Pound in a snap! and DONE!

Happy early Valentine’s Day!  And, make sure to come back for more Valentine’s projects.  I got lots more to share.

PS–if you are up for a little bit more work, and if you love owls as much as I do, check out these iphone cases I put together last spring:

As always, it is an honor you stopped by!
Nancy

I’d love for you to connect with me in some way!

Comments

1. Ana Lopes says:

Hi Nancy, this is adorable! It´s one of the most easy and awesome projects I ever saw! LOVE IT I must have a try!I love butterflies and I think it’ll be cute with them too!
    Have a great week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

2. These are adorable. I love owls! I haven’t switched to the iPhone, but my big kiddo’s iPod Touch has convinced me to get one when I get my next phone!

3. Thanks for stopping by the blog! I am excited my thrifty wreath is going to be shown here. :) Also, I think I am the last hold-out for a smartphone–mine is 4 years old and has a querty keypad! I am too cheap to replace it!

4. Super cute idea!! Love it

5. Creative Chaos Art says:

I just found your blog via Super Handmade Sundays, and I’m now following :) You have some lovely designs.
    Helen x

6. Diana - FreeStyleMama says:

Very cute! I love my Iphone!! Never far from it!

7. Bluebell Woods says:

I love this and would like to give it a try, I have been looking for small projects. Would also make a great eye glasses case
    Janice

8. Jessica@SewHomegrown says:

That’s super cute and so simple! Great job :)

9. Paula Parrish says:

Love this idea, I am going to sewing up a few phone cases for my family. Thanks for sharing. ;o)

10. weiya @ enjoyer of grace says:

Found you on the DIY DREAMER! I love this case…it’s so adorable!

11. Christine says:

Totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the case!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

12. Rebecca @ Herons Crafts says:

This is so cute! What a lovely idea for a case! Thanks for the inspiration! Have an awesome week!

13. Chloe West says:

So cute! I’m precarious and don’t have a case for my iPhone. Unheard of, I know! Thanks for sharing this at the Craft Yourself Crazy link party!

Chloe

14. Amy @Consider Me Inspired says:

I am in love with the Owl Ipod holder! I am one of those ones that does not have a iphone. It is just not my thing, BUT it has so many awesome apps and accessories. I joined your GFC! I am a fellow craft-o-halic. : )http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

15. Ladies Holiday says:

I’m not sure which I like more, the hearts or the owls…so sweet! If you’d like to link up with us tomorrow on Photo Friday , we’d love to have you onboard. Cheers!

16. Linda Bouffard says:

Ha ha ha I know what you mean. Two years ago I bought a smart phone Droid and it’s great. I love playing games on it while I wait in the car, etc. I’m on my 2nd smart phone now – an upgrade – the galaxy note 2 and it’s big. I love it. Too much? I don’t know. ha hahaha thanks for linking again to my party. Love your blog name. Linda

17. Jocie@TheBetterHalf says:

Oh my goodness, those little hearts are precious! love it!

18. Paula Miller says:

Hi Nancy!! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)
    I’m your newest GFC follower and I’ve added you on G+!

Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot

19. What a lovely little case! I LOVE the hearts! New fan via Delightful Order~!

20. Christina at I Gotta Create! says:

Awww… I LOVE that line of little hearts!

<3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open.

21. ooooh! Cuuuuute! love it!

22. really cool. love the hearts. will be trying this, thank you!

23. M.J. Powell says:

Hi,
    You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

Thanks!
    The Busy Bee’s,
    Myrna and Joye.

24. Christine Cravens says:

Adorable!

25. Huckleberry Love says:

Soooo pretty! I am a felt-aholic. Pinning this to make for my phone! Thanks for sharing. :)

Visiting from Skip to My Lou.

~Emily

26. Eliana Villas Boas Tavares Borges says:

Lindos seus trabalhos….
    Bjks
    Eliana

27. steve clarke says:

Nice display of some very trendy i phone cases are shown here. There are different kind of such stylish iphone cases are now available online. There are different stylish and designer iphone cases are available online also you can now easily buy it from Rokform.

customizable iphone cases

28. Irene Jennings says:

Amazing !!! LOVE it. One more reason as to why I NEED an iphone.

Irene (NDMS)

29. Hi, I read your blog like every week. Your writing style is witty, keep doing what you’re
    doing!

30. Thanks for finally talking about >EASY felt iPhone Case for
    Valentines Day – Do Small Things with Love <Loved it!

31. Greetings I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found
    you by error, while I was researching on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here
    now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have
    saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent jo.
    cscs test recently posted…cscs testMy Profile

Trackbacks